Financial Support for Improving the Tourism Offer
Turismo de Portugal, in partnership with the Banking System and Portugal Capital Ventures, provides a financial instrument, with an overall budget of 90 million euros for the medium and long-term financing of investment projects investment by tourism companies that are translated, above all, into the requalification of tourist enterprises, creation of innovative tourist enterprises, projects in the area of tourism and catering, as well as tourism entrepreneurship projects.
MAXIMUM VALUE BY PROJECT:
- The amount of financing cannot exceed 75% of the eligible investment.
- The participation of Turismo de Portugal has the limit of 2 million euros.
FINANCING STRUCTURE: Maximum of 15 years, including a maximum grace period of 4 years.
- Entrepreneurship projects, with a maximum eligible investment of € 500,000, promoted by SMEs at most with 2 years of full activity, in the activities of animation and restoration of interest for Tourism and other services associated with Tourism with a particular focus on technology-based ones;
- Tourism animation projects aimed at the development of urban centres;
- Urban rehabilitation projects in areas of tourist interest;
- Projects that contribute to the increase of the average stay of tourists and to the reduction of seasonality or that translate as demonstrators and differentiators in the level of environmental or energy sustainability.
For projects in the interior of the country, part of the financing component awarded by TURISMO DE PORTUGAL can beconverted into NON-REFUNDABLE if the following goals are met (reported for the third full year of operation):
- At least 90% of the Business Value and Gross Value Added foreseen in the application are reached, each of which competes for 50% of this objective.
- The creation of the totality of the planned jobs will be achieved.
Capitalize Credit Line
The Capitalize Program is a program to support the capitalization of companies and the recovery of investment, with the objective of promoting more balanced financial structures, reducing the liabilities of economically viable companies, as well as improving the conditions of access to the financing of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
With amounts of financing between 25,000 euros and 2 million euros per company and terms that vary between 3 and 10 years, the Capitalize Credit Line aims to improve the conditions for business investment.