Portugal offers competitive advantages in the industry sector
- Modern manufacturing industry.
- The industrial sector employs 24.6% of the active population.
- Portugal ranks 8th position among the world’s largest mould makers, particularly when it comes to moulds for plastics.
- Portugal is an expert in the aerospace industry.
- Big global brands choose Portugal when it comes to automotive pieces.
- Portuguese footwear industry is one of the most advanced in the world.
- Portuguese shipbuilding and ship repair industry has a strong exporting component.
There has been a move towards a greater focus on the development, growth and positioning of new sectors that utilize larger amounts of technology. Significant progress has been made in sectors such as the automotive and components sector, electronics, energy, pharmaceutical sector and industries related to new technologies for information and telecommunications.
Portugal has the natural resources to be a self-sufficient country, with developments in renewable energy technology industries, such as: biomass, wind, geothermal, hydro, hydrogen, oceans and solar.
|Automotive||Textile & Clothing||Manufacturing||Life Sciences||Petrochemical & Chemical|
|Bosch – invented for life||Coelima||Embraer||Biogen Idec||Galp|
|Delphi – automotive systems||Salsa||Continental||Medinfar|
|TRW – automotive||Impetus||Autoeuropa||Tecnimede|
|SAS – automotive systems||Confetil||Solvay|
|Benteler – automotive||Sacoor|
|Moulds||Metalworking||Pull & Papper||Aeronautic||Building Materials||Renewables|
|Socem||Adira||Amorim||TAP – Maintenance & enginneering|