The Call Expand aims at providing innovative projects with a high potential for growth, appreciation in value and profitability, meeting risk diversification criteria. Portugal Ventures is willing to invest between €500,000 and €2 million.
- in the following stage: growth state technology companies, with a developed product and at least € 250,000.00 in revenue in the last 12 months
- any economic sector, except for primary sector companies (v.g. farming, livestock, fishing, food processing and others).
Companies should meet the following criteria:
- shall have at least a significant footprint and operations in Portugal (as defined by having a head office located in Portugal) and intentions to expand their businesses internationally;
- Have a multidisciplinary team that can meet the management needs of the project;
- Not be deemed “undertakings in difficulty”, as defined by Commission Regulation (EU) No. 651/2014 of 17 June. Consolidation operations are included and restructuring operations are excluded;
- Have met the legal requirements for pursuing the respective activity, inter alia, they hold the necessary licenses for such purpose
- Keep accounts, have a balanced economic and financial situation and have no amounts outstanding to the Tax Authorities and Social Security.
An original idea of and are led by the founders must have the following characteristics:
- Have a developed product and at least € 250,000.00 in revenue in the last 12 months;
- An original idea of and led by the founders;
- Be promoted by multidisciplinary teams;
- Focus on tradable goods or services that are part of international value chains;
- A clear strategy to protect and enhance intellectual property, if applicable;
- Significant global market potential;
- Implementable with available resources;