StartUP Visa is a residence visa for non-EU-Schenghen startup founders who want to be part of one of the fastest developing startup communities in Europe.
StartUP Visa is a residence visa for entrepreneurs which aims to attract investment, talent and innovation capacity to Portugal. By investing and creating qualified employment, entrepreneurs can integrate a startup incubator in Portugal and benefit from all the StartUP Portugal Program incentives and support. The program aims to strengthen the innovation ecosystem and to affirm Portugal as a country open to entrepreneurship and to all those who will use knowledge and innovation to invest in the Portuguese economy and build up the national skilled workforce.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR THE STARTUP VISA IF:
- Your project/startup is focused on tech;
- Your startup shows potential to the creation of jobs, besides the entrepreneurs you include initially, along with yourself, in your application;
- Your startup shows the potential to generate a turnover of 325,000€/ year and/or assets value over 325,000€/ year, within 5 years after the start of the contract with your chosen incubator;
- Once you select one of the certified incubators to physically incubate your startup within the Startup Visa program your application is complete and you are ready to go!
- You have the capacity to establish a company, when applicable, during the undergoing of the program;
The evaluation of the economic and innovative potential is made based on the degree of innovation, the scalability of the business, the market potential, the capacity of the management team, the potential for creating qualified employment in Portugal and the relevance of the applicant in the team.
StartUP Visa is a hosting program for foreign entrepreneurs without permanent residence in the Schengen Area, who wish to develop an entrepreneurial and innovative project in Portugal, with a view to granting a residence visa and residence permit, under the Legislative Order Nr. 04/2018, 02 February, hereinafter designated as Legislative Order, and applicable to:
a) Entrepreneurs who intend to develop their innovative and/or entrepreneurial project in Portugal; even if they have not created a company;
b) Entrepreneurs who have already business projects in their origin countries and want to deploy their activity in Portugal.
The benefits granted to foreign entrepreneurs are:
➢ Residence visa and residence permit to be granted by the competent entities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration and Borders Service);
➢ Hosting of projects and entrepreneurs, through a network of certified incubators by IAPMEI, I.P.