Portugal has established a high success rate of start-ups and has attracted a growing tech cluster
- Portugal ranks 12th amongst EU-28 countries in high-speed fixed broadband.
- €200 million fund to co-invest alongside VCs in startups and foreign companies that relocate to Portugal.
- Major events are being held here, and big players are coming to Portugal.
- Portugal has been the choice for companies like Amazon, Google and other big multinationals to open their new branches in Europe.
- Various national level programs have been created and implemented by the Government with the aim of promoting technological development and innovation.
Portuguese ICT companies are leading the ICT market in African Lusophone countries and have a strong footprint in Brazil.
Portuguese technology exists in more than 90 countries. Approximately 150 mobile telecommunications operators from all over the world use Portuguese solutions.
eGates, electronic doors which use facial biometrics to evaluate if the passenger’s face and the photo in the e-passport are from the same person. They speed up passenger movement in more than 60 international airports.
|ICT||Services||Business Service Sector|